School and county mandated rules for class are as follows.
All students must wear the mandatory P.E Uniform for class. Total cost for Uniform is $20.00
P.E. Shorts- $10.00
Wear appropriate shoes for athletics
(Sneakers only) no boots or dress shoes of any kind.
*Note: Students have the first 2 weeks to purchase uniforms during class. After the first 2 weeks, all uniforms must be purchased before school.
Students who are not properly dressed will receive a zero for the day and not be allowed to participate in any activity. The Physical Education Department makes no exceptions to this rule.
Please bring the exact amount if paying by cash. Make Money Orders Payable to High PointHigh school. Please NO CHECKS
In order to be excused from participation in physical education, a student must:
Bring a written note from a parent (maximum of three days).
- Bring a doctor's note for all excuses beyond three days.
- Written work will be assigned for all excuses; however, it is the student’s responsibility to inform the teacher.
Make-up work must be turned in within three days unless otherwise directed
- If you are out for an extend period of time, please refer to the ABSCENT WORK link.
Locks and Locker Room Policy
· Students are not to share lockers.
· Each student will be assigned a locker and given a combination lock to be used to secure clothing, shoes and personal items.
· Students must lock up all items.
· Students are not to leave any items on the floor or bleachers.
· We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
· At the end of the semester, all locks must be returned.
· Students are responsible for their locks and must pay a $5.00 replacement fee for any lost or stolen lock.
· Food and drinks are not permitted in the locker or gym area.
· Students will be allotted 5-10 minutes to dress and exit the locker room area. Violators will be considered late for class.
· Students will be allotted 5-10 minutes to dress at the end of class and are to leave from the locker room when they are instructed to by the teacher not the bell. Violators that choose to leave early will be considered cutting class.
The following grading scale will be used by the department.
100% - 90%:
1. Completes all activities with maximum effort and enthusiasm.
2. Demonstrates responsibility, initiative, leadership, and good sportsmanship Treats classmates and teach with respect; does not argue or display negative body language.
3. Maintains an A or B average on all written tests or other assignments.
89% - 80%:
1. Meets requirements 1 thru 3 above
2. Maintains at least a B or C on all written tests or other assignments Receives no more than 2 zeros during grading period.
79% - 65%
1. Student's performance, participation, responsibility, promptness to class is
evaluated as an average.
2. Maintains a C average on all written tests and other written assignments
64% - 50%:
1. Student's performance and participation are poor.
2. The student put forth very little effort and is uncooperative.
3. Receives no more than 4 zeros during, the marking period.
50% - 0%:
1. A student receives more than six zeros during- the grading period.
2. Show little to no effort to participate in activities at anytime during class.
Things You Can Do At Home To Help Your Child At School:
* Ask your child about school and take an interest in what they are learning.
* Make sure they get enough sleep.
* Set limits on the amount of television they watch.
* Make sure they have enough to eat.
* Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance!